CAMPSITE OPENING TIMES
Ticket holders can access the campsites from the following times:
- FRIDAY: 2:00pm
- SATURDAY: 11:00am
- SUNDAY: 11:00am
The campsite is located right next to the arena. There will be a smaller family section ideal for families looking for a quieter area once the little ones are tucked up in bed and a larger general camping area. Only ticket holders with a camping wristband will have access to the campsite and there will be festival staff and security to keep an eye on the campsites to help promote a safe, community feel to your temporary home. If you are unsure about anything, talk to them, they are there to help!
Due to social distancing and to avoid overcrowding, tent pitches will be marked out in a grid system with ample space for a 2-6 berth tent.
There will be toilets, water points and hand sanitizer stations too however there will not be any showers. The Abotts Ripton Village Stores will be running a small on-site shop for all your essentials such as milk, bread, tea/coffee and corn flakes.
Day ticket holders with camping passes must pack up and vacate the campsite by 11am the following day. Your car parking permit is valid until midday.
Weekend camping ticket holders are permitted to leave the site and return – you will need to keep hold of your ticket as our security will scan you in and out and check your wristband upon return. However you are only permitted to bring your allocation of alcohol into the site once.
Both Campervans and Caravans are welcome however customers will need to purchase a full weekend festival ticket with camping in addition to a Live-In-Vehicle pass. Unfortunately Live-In-Vehicle passes are not available for day ticket holders.
- The allocated pitch size for campervans and caravans is 8m x 5m.
- There will be an IBC Elsan Point for your toilet waste and grey water disposal.
- Due to uneven ground in some areas, please take precautions to ensure that your vehicle is securely stationed.
- In the general campervan area, cars and campervans will be parked in a designated area and cannot be parked alongside tents.
- Within the disabled campervan area, cars can be parked alongside your campervan so long as it fits within your designated pitch area. Please be aware that your car will need to be moved if it does not fit within your pitch area.
- Sleeping in cars overnight is not permitted.
- It is strongly recommended not to bring any large Winnebago or RV style vehicles as in the event of bad weather, we are unable to guarantee access for these vehicles to the Campsite.
- For those with caravans, please note that towing vehicles must be removed from the Campsite and parked in the public car park.
- Please be aware that no hook-ups are available for water or electric within the Campsite.
- Estate cars, vans and any other vehicles not designed with in-built sleeping facilities will not be allowed access to the Campsite.
- An average, reasonable sized vehicle will be permitted onto the site. Permission to accommodate your vehicle is entirely at the Event Organiser’s discretion.
- Owners of campervans should bring sufficient gas bottles in the fitted cylinders on the vehicle only. No spare bottles should be brought on site.
- Any party intending to depart before midnight on Sunday must inform the info tent for escort.
- All standard entry policies, prohibited items and alcohol limits apply to live in vehicles and there will be a search operation on arrival.
BOUTIQUE CAMPING – NOW SOLD OUT
We have teamed up with Boutique Bell Tent company WOW Tents who make your camping experience exciting, relaxing and hassle free; adding the small touches to make your stay extra special. Their Team will meet you upon arrival and ensure your stay is the best it can possibly be. All you need to do is to turn up and have a fabulous time!
The dedicated Boutique camping area has exclusive use of hot showers and toilets for its customers plus 24-hour security and wrist banded access. They have 2 tent options available.
5 metre Bell Tent, standard air beds with bedding and bed linen, fairy lights, rugs, table and waste bin.
- 2 person – £270
- 3 person – £405
- 4 person – £540
5 metre Bell Tent with LED fairy lights but no air beds or bedding – this economy option is for guests who want to bring their own creature comforts but still spend the weekend in a beautiful, spacious bell tent.
- 2 person – £170
- 3 person – £255
- 4 person – £340
Please Note: Tickets are for boutique camping only. A Full Weekend ticket including camping must be purchased in addition to a WOW Tent package. These need to be booked directly with WOW Tents via www.wowtents.com/cambridgecomedyfestival2021
- Open fires are not permitted, there is a designated BBQ area within the campsite for you to use.
- Please note: If we experience hot, dry weather in the lead up to the Festival – there may be restrictions on cooking activity in the Campsites. If this is the case, we will be communicating to all ticket-purchasers in advance.
- Campers wishing to bring stoves should only bring purpose-built gas stoves with small gas bottles (2.2kg). No spare bottles are to be brought. Cooking appliances should never be used inside tents small tents. Cook outside and away from the tent and keep any flammable material away from the cooking area.. No other LPG should be on site.
- If you are a FULL WEEKEND camping ticket holder, you are allowed to bring in your own alcohol (to be consumed in the Campsite only) up to a reasonable amount per person (6 cans of beer/lager/cider or up to 1 litre of decanted wine – not spirits allowed).
- Alcohol cannot be brought into festival arena from the Campsites. There are fully licensed bars available for you in the Festival.
- You will not be allowed to bring in a glass of any kind. Broken glass is dangerous for children and for the animals that will be using the fields after the Festival. There will be no exceptions.
- There are numerous safe and tested drinking water points in the campsite and in the arena however No water source should be deemed as drinking water unless it is specifically labelled as such.
- Please ensure to put any rubbish in the bins provided – we have general waste and recycling bins.
- We have a No Naked Flame policy at the Festival and in the Campsite